chrishockey55

19 Jul, 2013 08:18 PM

Is it possible for pledgie to include donation amounts in the api

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Pledgie Staff on 19 Jul, 2013 08:27 PM

You can do something like this:

http://pledgie.com/campaigns/19469/donate/20

That will donate $20.00

2. 2 Posted by chrishockey55 on 19 Jul, 2013 10:53 PM

I talked to the dev for my site and he said no this wont work Unless you change showing donation amounts by default. Also the way you said above doing the http://pledgie.com/campaigns/19469/donate/20 they can still pledgie and donate a smaller amount and it wouldnt show up on the api so. We basically wanted a pledgie button On our site when they click the button we can set the donation amount ex 50 100 etc donation Pledgie is great and I would like to include on my site and Still Process payments with you guys through paypal.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Pledgie Staff on 22 Jul, 2013 04:37 PM

Hey Chris,
    Yes your dev is right this link creates a "suggested" donation amount but doesn't restrict the donor from changing the amount later. I'll investigate added support for fixed-price donations to our API because this is something that at least one other user has asked for. Thanks for all the feedback on our service.

Best Regards,
    Mark

4. 4 Posted by chrishockey55 on 29 Jul, 2013 05:42 AM

thank you mark have you been able To add support for fixed price donations yet?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Pledgie Staff on 29 Jul, 2013 03:37 PM

Hi Chris,
    I have looked into this a bit further. It appears that Pledgie is using Paypals "Classic API." Which means that it has a limited set of features based on what the newer REST API supports. I have branched a version of Pledgie to begin integration of the newer API but I have no ETA on how long it will take to get these new features in place.

I'll keep you posted on the progress, and thanks for your patience.

6. Pledgie Staff closed this discussion on 29 Jul, 2013 03:37 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac